13 jaanuar 2009

Base for Ilsa - part 4

That's Ilsa's base. Some touch-up here and there, some sanding on edges, but it's pretty much done.

It's way too big on this photo...

Now - back to the statue and to all it's problems... There are several cracks from the unbaked months on the neck area, so I need to replace pretty much all details of the head. I think I should rotate it a little... Usually I'm freaking up if I need to destroy and replace something that already looks pretty good. But, new version will look better anyway. It usually does.

Also, I want to stress that on this image above is a logo from Hellboy comics, it's for a character statue and not for some nazi crap. I don't like them, but as the world has no problems with bigger killers - communists - I don't see any reason to pretend they didn't exist.

By the way, I'd recommend the Polish film "Katyn" and Latvian documentary "The Soviet Story" for everyone interested about history.

Kommentaare ei ole: