24 november 2010

Hellboy The Corpse bust - 11

So, this Hellboy bust is more or less ready, and that should be good enough for now. (Reason - deadline of the small sculpting competition.) I'll be back to it later to make some clean-up, repairs and corrections. Hellboy is ok, base is ok, but Corpse has some cracks. I should re-sculpt both of his hands - the muscles are pretty primitive and anatomically not that correct. Also, the interaction with palm and collar is not the best, this needs some tuning too. So, basically I will go over the whole Corpse from the neck down. But not on the next days - now I want to rest and to do something completely different, like reading or drawing or watching something good. Enough of all this clay for now.



Hm... I can turn this Hellboy to anything, replace the Corpse with whatever I want. Like I could add Santa's hat and bag... Just a thought, in middle of the snowy night. And not that serious one... :-)

9 kommentaari:

Jakob Westman ütles ...

Very nice Ivar!!
And fast :D

Josh! ütles ...

Damn man...Looks stellar!! Well done, brother. Well done.

J!

Ivar ütles ...

Thanks! I'm glad I got it to this stage on time, but as I don't really like Corpse's hands, I will replace both of them one day. As as rough sculpt, it's pretty ok, actually looks better in life than on photos.

And Jakob - I know what you mean, I'm a little surprised too... :)

Elina ütles ...

ühinen ka kiidukooriga. tulemus on aukartust äratav. kui selline kuju oleks selle vaimuvaese (ja koleda) korstnapühkija asemel vanalinnas, siis ma ka ilmselt jalutaks sealkandis tunduvalt rohkem ringi:D ja ma kujutan ette neid välismaa hellboy fännide horde, kes spetsiaalselt selle jaoks ekskursioonidena sõidaksid eestisse:D sa ei taha endale sponsoreid otsida ja selle lahke kingitusena eesti rahvale kasvõi kalamaja parki üles panna?

Ivar ütles ...

Jajah, kujutan juba ette, kuidas ma teen elusuurust Hellboyd, siinsamas kapi ja voodi vahel, kogu tuba kipsitolmu ja kivistunud kipsipritsmeid täis...
:)
Aga, jah, Corpse tuleb ümber teha. Kunagi.

Ivar ütles ...

Ok, I will cut off the Corpse's head and will make completely new body. It's easier this way.

Unknown ütles ...

You are my hero! :) best HB i ever saw.

Ivar ütles ...

Best Hellboy is in Mignola's books... :)

The new version of this bust is better. (Hellboy is the same.)

Ivar ütles ...

Happened to see this post. I'ts november 2015 now...
:)
This bust is still not finished. But, as I'm still quite happy with this version of Hellboy, I will make third and better corpse one day. One which looks more like the Corpse in comics and less like some anatomy reference tool.