16 november 2010

Hellboy The Corpse bust - 08


So, Hellboy is ready. It still may need some tweaks here and there, but I think it can fool everybody but myself. That should be good enough for the moment, as I'd like the whole thing to be "ready" in exactly one week time. We'll see...

When it's time to make the base, I will trim the bottom of the bust part (it is - Hellboy's coat) to be at the same height.

I wasn't sure I could fit B.P.R.D. logo to his sleeve, as it should actually be more down there and I didn't want to cut through it. But then I cheated a little, as it looks cool and makes the whole sculpt more interesting.

Now, when I have my Hellboy, I can fine tune the position of the Corpse. His right hand will touch the coat, so I hope I don't need to re-shape it too drastically, I tried to guess where the hand will be... Corpse's head is not baked, but is almost there. I need to make "mock-up belly", so I could fix the two figures together. Then I'll move the head and elbows around to the final positions. And then, before the hands, I'll try to make the body. It will not be easy, as I really don't know how to sculpt back (or should the right word be dorsum?...) muscles. Still, I hope I could make something remotely decent. And a little bit rotten.

2 kommentaari:

Josh! ütles ...

Yes. Yes. A million times yes. Dude, love it.

I've been looking it over, do you think it might work better with HB's mouth closed and his brow furrowed more? He looks very...pensive now....not stoic. You know what I'm saying?

J

Ivar ütles ...

I think so... After looking at dictionary... :-)
I was making open mouth just because my first H was with closed, and this is pretty close to this one. Wanted something different.

You know, one detail on comic book H is that I think his eyebrows always make one straight line. Different emotions are probably made just by the shape of the eyes and mouth.

At the moment I'm just racing to finish it, so I'm not making any big changes, my main power should go to trying to make the corpse somehow dynamic.