21 juuni 2010

Poosinukk I

It's really fun to "play" with the drawing mannequin I got from Dubois. Actually, it was only after buying it, when I realized - it's much more useful for sculpting than drawing! Compared to the common drawing dolls made somewhere in Asia this one is like engineering miracle with all the springs and ingenious details. It can take almost every pose real human can, so it's pretty fun to try poses from statues or to mimic something. I think I will post another image here every time I'm bored... :-)

First time I saw this kind of doll in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, in the apartement we rented there last November. When back home, I was trying to google it, but didn't find anything - no info, no images. And then - suddenly! - we saw them in Paris, near Panthéon, on windows of the art shop Dubois. Turned out that this doll is exclusively made for Dubois by an old master somewhere in Provence. And it's the only place in world (?) to get it!

Threre were 3 different 35 cm versions, I got the darkest one, made from beech. Other two were white and with yellow varnish. There was also bigger 50 cm version available, master doesn't make them anymore. Here's the doll from Brooklyn, with broken wrist. It is probably much older, didn't see this color or finish in the shop:

Kommentaare ei ole: